Here are five things everyone can do to help saving our planet
1. Recycling: Starts with waste separation like organic waste, electronic waste, paper and carton, batteries. All these things should be thrown away separately. So it will be easier for the competent authority to recycle those things the right way.
2. Try to be aware of your electricity usage and be economical. Don not leave all the lights in your house open, just the ones you really need. Use energy saving bulbs. Switch the TV or other electronics off, if they are not used. Don not turn the heater on its highest level while all windows are open. Try to heat up you room at night and turn the heater off at daytime. This will save a lot of money and energy.
3. Alternative energy. Everybody can do that and it is not as hard as it sounds. You can for example have solar by using solar panels. You can make your own wind energy by arranging wind turbines. It may cost you some money at first, but at long sight it will save you a lot of money and is a further step in doing something for your planet.
4. Use more public transportation. Do not use your car for going anywhere, you could also go by train or by walking. Don´t be lazy
5. If you own a garden or have a terrace, plant as many trees and plants as you can. Even if you do not have so much space to plant something, you can have a little plant in your flat. That will help to clean the air in times where a lot of our greens are cleared to make space for parking lots or shopping malls.